fot

Re: [Fot] VDCA at VIR - THE race of the year?

To: "LOddTR@aol.com" <LOddTR@aol.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] VDCA at VIR - THE race of the year?
From: "U K MOTORSPORTS" <tr6racer21@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 21:05:37 -0500
Good evening Leo,

I am still planning on joining you all in the ghetto, as you know the TR6
isn't ready yet and I have had a major setback and may not be fit to
drive...I was down at VIR this past weekend picking up the 510 and assorted
parts and ran into some bad luck or rather it ran into me. Early Friday
morning I was running Rex down in the very bottom of Hog Pen and all 85lbs
of him ran directly into my right knee. Thats right taken out by mans best
friend! He was running full speed, probably at least 35 or more and
obviously misjudged me as I was just standing still. So my right knee, the
knee that I have had 11 surgeries on collapsed and buckled and left me down
on the ground with no one in sight. When the pain subsided I was able to
limp back to the trailer and drive the 3 hours or so back home and get some
ice on it. As it turns out I saw my Orthopedist on Tuesday and I have torn
(2) ligaments, the MCL and my ACL (which was reconstructed years ago).
Looks as though surgery is imminent as soon as the swelling and trauma
calms down. Still hoping that will happen before next weekend. I am keeping
my fingers crossed.

PS: Dean is working feverishly getting that last minute "KILLER MOTOR"
together for the TR3...I think he might just make it!

Trophy and
> be  forever known as a CHAMPION of the F.A.T.B.A.S.T.A.R.D. Topping off
the
> weekend's racing, and in addition to the Saturday banquet, will be the
> F.A.T.B.A.S.T.A.R.D. "Chill and Grill" where those of a
Triumph-persuasion will

(http://www.vintagedrive.com/Entry%20VIR08.pdf) .  The fee goes up on
> 4/8/08 so get crackin'!
>

> Dean Tetterton, Done Marshall, Leo Oddi and Rob Deanes - Your Hosts at
the
> Triumph Ghetto
>

> **************Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel
Guides.