fot

Re: [Fot] Piston ring end gap

To: "MadMarx" <tr4racing@googlemail.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>, "Tony
Subject: Re: [Fot] Piston ring end gap
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 21:06:35 -0700
I cannot remember NOT having to file the ring gap on an 87 MM engine. )
Nothing like a nice little 6" mill file for this job although they do make a
little machine to make certain the ends are square. So they are not
square???   Plenty of gap and make sure the gaps don't line up....and forget
it. If not enough, they will sure as h--- break and it is good bye
compression and hello blowby.