fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 Brake Rotor

To: Allen Washatko <awashatko@wi.rr.com>, Friends of Triumph
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 Brake Rotor
From: Don Elliott <58tr3a@videotron.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 09:16:53 -0400
Allan - I measured the rotor on my 1958 TR3A.  It is a very early TR3A (TS
27489 LO).  I am still using the original rotors with 178,000 miles from
new.

The OD measures 10.030" overall.  The "hat" sidewalls are tapered.  At the
rotor (brim), the hat diameter measures 6" OD and where the outer hub is
secured, the OD of the flat face measures 5.25".

I turned the braking faces during my full body-off restoration from 1987 to
1990 and the thichness measures 0.470".

The height of the hat is 1.030" from the rotor to the flat face.  I assume
that it's 1" nominal and with the turning, it accounts for the extra.

Don Elliott, Original Owner, Montreal.