fot

[Fot] Race Report and Archive Materials Request

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Race Report and Archive Materials Request
From: "Norlin Engineering" <norlinengineering@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:11:21 -0700
After too many DNF's, the Norlin Engineering Spitfire finally had a
sucessful event.  My wife, Patty drove the car in the Oregon Region SCCA's
Vintage Production 1 class (under 1900 cc's) and finished 4th out of 8 cars
in class.  As usual, we were the only Triumph at the event, although all the
Spridgets seem to be running an upgraded front disc brake setup that uses
Spitfire rotors.  In the last two weekends, they have cracked 4 of these
rotors.  I'm going to start carrying a bunch of spares to see if I can help
offset the cost of race fuel.

The Portland track was repaved last fall with some subtle changes to many of
the corners and a significant change to turn 7.  The straight leading to 7
has been lengthened and the turn has been tightened significantly and banked
slightly.  It's now a second gear corner for the Spit, which makes the track
a bit more fun.

Now the request for help.  Patty is the Oregon Region Historian.  Over the
weekend, one of the workers gave her several thousand photographs, mostly
black and white from the late '80s from Seattle and Portland.  There are a
number of really good shots of a very fast white TR3, including several
victory lap photos from various corner workers stations (Hardy, if you want
her to scan some of these, get hold of me off list).

Anyway, as we were sitting in the motorhome at the track Saturday night
sorting through all these photos, she asked me if I would send out a request
to the FOT for archive type materials of Pacific Northwest racing,
particularly SCCA racing.  She's specifically interested in old Loud Pedal's
(the region publication), race results, programs and photos.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Norlin