fot

[Fot] cam followers (lifters)

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] cam followers (lifters)
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:04:33 -0500
I just thought I'd pass on a little info on lifters that might be of
use to somebody.

To the best of my knowledge, lifters for the TR3-4 are sold by
British Frame and Engine, Moss, TRF, and British Parts Northwest.

I tested 30 or 40 lifters from various sources. Of the lifters I've
tested, I find that BPNW lifters do have a hardness between 54 and 60
Rockwell C. In addition, if you have the lifters refaced by Riddle
Machine in Santa Ana CA, the hardness after refacing averages 57 Rockwell C.

uncle jack