fot

[Fot] TimingChainTensioner

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TimingChainTensioner
From: Dennis DeLap <yellow-green@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 06:59:17 -0700 (PDT)
AMICI

  I am looking for a good timing chain tensioner for my TR4.
  In the morning session last Saturday at VIR I started getting some lower than
normal oil pressure readings.  The Oberg filter reading confirmed that I had
what looked like chunks of spring steel in the system.  Sure enough - after
exploratory surgery this weekend - I found that the reverse curved end of the
chain tensioner had broken off.  You can guess the rest.

  Anyway - this was only the third weekend on this engine and the tensioner was
new when I put it together last fall.  Pretty sure the tensioner was 'county'
from one of the big three.

  So - anyone have a source for a better product,  or a good old used one,
stainless steel, etc.

  Thanks
  Dennis DeLap