fot

Re: [Fot] Fw: alternatives to the SCCA?

To: Scott Cypher <srcypher@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fw: alternatives to the SCCA?
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:20:46 -0700
It's funny, I was just reading a great article on Web standards that
made me realize how impossible it is to run an organization in a
manner that pleases even a relatively small part of the community that
forms around it. Rules are inherently arbitrary or they are not
understandable. By that I mean, to take up all the possible
definitions of even the simplest thing you must describe it to an
absurd degree, and you have to know the future.

Here's the article. I'm certain that this isn't a trivial thing, and
it's not specific to any issue. It's why Muslim fundamentalists
embrace terrorism, why I can't buy a cell phone without buying new
chargers, why it's taking me two hours to build a transmission mount
for Peyote., Well, maybe not that.