fot

[Fot] A Change of Locale

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] A Change of Locale
From: <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 22:15:27 +0000
It looks like I'll be heading West in the late summer... For those who know me
know this really isn't a surprise.

My job was eliminated last September. It was the primary thing that was
keeping me in the Midwest since my wife died. My family is on the West Coast
and I wanted to get closer to them ( you can't properly spoil Grandchildren
long distance).
I took the opportunity to "go freelance" (which is graphic designers, photogs
talk for "I'm sort of unemployed"). I'm also exploring what this "partial
retirement" thing is like... so far I've been plenty busy. My old employer has
had me back for work on a number of occasions (at consultant wages), getting
my house ready to sell, taking a web design course at the local community
college and waiting the arrival of my second grand kid. Maybelle Bridgid
arrived on schedule late in March. She's beautiful, smart, strong and did I
mention beautiful? I passed the Web Design course with flying colors, and
"Castle Pretentious" sold after only 10 days on the market. Closing is in
September so I have to get out to Oregon and find someplace to live before I
become "homeless".

I hope I can catch up with you all before I relocate. I'll be at Blackhawk
Farms next weekend, I don't think I'll be able to make the KIC. I'm scheduled
to work the race weekend at the Autobahn in July. Other than that I'm really
not sure what my calendar will hold for the rest of the summer. Of course if
your racing schedules take you west of the Rockies I'll still be covering and
going to vintage races ( the folks at Victory Lane said the would keep me
busy) in the Northwest.

All the best to you all,

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois

That's not a leak... My car's