fot

Re: [Fot] A Change of Locale

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] A Change of Locale
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 16:58:04 -0700
Welcome home (soon) Greg,

Jack
Seattle

-----Original Message-----
From: fot-bounces+jibjib=att.net@autox.team.net
[mailto:fot-bounces+jibjib=att.net@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of
greenman62@hotmail.com
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 3:15 PM
To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] A Change of Locale

It looks like I'll be heading West in the late summer... For those who know
me know this really isn't a surprise.

My job was eliminated last September. It was the primary thing that was
keeping me in the Midwest since my wife died. My family is on the West Coast
and I wanted to get closer to them ( you can't properly spoil Grandchildren
long distance).
I took the opportunity to "go freelance" (which is graphic designers,
photogs talk for "I'm sort of unemployed"). I'm also exploring what this
"partial retirement" thing is like... so far I've been plenty busy. My old
employer has had me back for work on a number of occasions (at consultant
wages), getting my house ready to sell, taking a web design course at the
local community college and waiting the arrival of my second grand kid.
Maybelle Bridgid arrived on schedule late in March. She's beautiful, smart,
strong and did I mention beautiful? I passed the Web Design course with
flying colors, and "Castle Pretentious" sold after only 10 days on the
market. Closing is in September so I have to get out to Oregon and find
someplace to live before I become "homeless".

I hope I can catch up with you all before I relocate. I'll be at Blackhawk
Farms next weekend, I don't think I'll be able to make the KIC. I'm
scheduled to work the race weekend at the Autobahn in July. Other than that
I'm really not sure what my calendar will hold for the rest of the summer.
Of course if your racing schedules take you west of the Rockies I'll still
be covering and going to vintage races ( the folks at Victory Lane said the
would keep me
busy) in the Northwest.

All the best to you all,

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois