fot

Re: [Fot] Mileage bragging

To: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Mileage bragging
From: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 08:31:14 -0400
My daily driver is a 1991 Mercedes 300D  (285,000 mile diesel), fuel is
a bit pricey ($4.75) in Michigan but it gets ~28 around town and 32 on
the highway. It loves to cruise above 80 mph but getting there takes
forever. When I'm really in a pinch for fuel economy, I drive my 82 VW
rabbit pickup diesel that gets routinely 44 mpg around town and can haul
(6 ft bed) most of what I need.
On the other hand I'm moving my daughter from Michigan  to Arizona this
summer with our motor home that averages 6 mpg. My fuel bills should
generate interesting conversation.
Glenn Franco