fot

Re: [Fot] gas milage, etc.

To: "Terry Stetler" <tlizzard@msn.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] gas milage, etc.
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:17:11 +0000
From: "Terry Stetler" <tlizzard@msn.com>

>> I get 18mpg in my normal around town and short trip driving. On the highway
> at a steady 70 mph with OD engaged it will get about 24mpg.
>
> All in all pretty poor milege really. I suspect the major culprit is the less
> than economical right foot, at least in my case.

FWIW, on a trip to a VTR Convention one year, I checked mileage with the top up
and the top down on my TR6. On that trip, I got 23 mpg with the top down, and
27 with it up. Even on our brick-like cars, aerodynamics makes a difference. of
course, I'd rather get crappier mileage and drive with the top down.

Irv Korey