fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 top hat bushing

To: <john@quantumechanics.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 top hat bushing
From: Shane Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:29:08 -0400
John Esposito wrote:

> I think the supplier takes the defective ones back from one supplier
> and just reships them to another supplier!

In my line of work using advanced scientific sensors, one of our
manufacturers is British (the others are Swiss and Canadian - the US
cannot build this stuff, but that is another thread).  The Brit
sensors has worse than 60% failure rate and I return all the rejects.
This stuff cannot be "repaired" or "improved".  I ask the manufacturer
what they do with all my rejects, and though they were mum on the subject,
I just know that the rejects are shipped to less discriminating customers.

FWIW, the Swiss and Canadian sensors always meet specifications, but cost
more than the British sensors.

Shane Ingate in NM