fot

[Fot] TR6 top hat bushing

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR6 top hat bushing
From: "Quantum" <john@quantumechanics.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 08:41:20 -0400
Jack/Clark - Hi again! I am sorry you are having trouble reaching me, but I
now get between 50 and 80 phone calls and 20 to 40 emails each day! It is
getting hard to do work answering all the emails and phone calls.

I have also had problems getting correct top hat bushes. Some are incorrect
depth and will not clearance on the mainshaft gears when stacked, some have
bad O/D's and some bad I/D's.

I have ordered from Moss and Victoria and I even tried ordering them from
Rimmer and got the same junk. I think there is only one supplier and he has no
quality control process, so it does not matter who you buy it from, you are
going to get some bad ones.

I have complained numerous times to these guys. All they do is put a temporary
'not available' on the part until they get in new stock, then start selling
again. I think the supplier takes the defective ones back from one supplier
and just reships them to another supplier!

I have been honing out the bad I/D ones to make them fit. The bad O/D's and
incorrect depth I have been sending back for replacements.

I think I will look into making them myself through a local machine shop.

Can you guys find someone to make them?

Thanks! John
Quantum Mechanics Ltd.
505 Wheeler Rd.