fot

Re: [Fot] How to best hook up a two vacuum distributor on a 74 TR6

To: jim hearn <jimhearn1@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] How to best hook up a two vacuum distributor on a 74 TR6
From: Richard Good <goodparts@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 06:11:51 -0400
Jim,

The front vac unit advances the timing with vacuum and the rear one
retards.  My preference is to connect the front unit directly to
manifold vacuum at the banjo fitting on top of the manifold.  This gives
it full advance at idle and light throttle and as the engine load
increases, the vacuum drops and the timing retards to keep it from
pinging.  Set the timing just short of pinging at any any load.  The
throttle response should be very snappy. The only down side is a
tendency to run on when you shut it down.  The unused vac unit may be
left open but obviously you need to plug any unused vac ports on the carb.

Richard Good
Good Parts