fot

Re: [Fot] SPITFIRE IN MONTEREY HISTORICS

To: "'Robert MacKenzie'" <list@mackenzie.aero>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] SPITFIRE IN MONTEREY HISTORICS
From: "Russ Moore" <rem9@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:32:06 -0400
There is disparity in many of the earlier cars. The referenced "year" of the
car in some states was determined by the actual production model year while
in others it was listed by original date of sale. So, depending on where you
resided at the time, a car may be considered a 1962 because it sold in that
year even though it was a car built in the 1963 tooling year production run.
Yet in another state the same car if it didn't sell until January of 1964,
would in some states, be listed as a 1964 Spitfire. Absolutely confusing but
I have seen it happen over the years.
The above doesn't even address the errors that various DMV's make over the
years. Think of how many opportunities they have to screw things up with a
45 year old vehicle. I have experienced errors in year; type of engine;
seating capacity and weight. Ever hear of a GT-6 with a seating capacity of
6? New York DMV seems to have that on their mind! They argued with me my
F-350 Powerstroke was not a diesel even though I was the original owner and
knew better. They cancelled a registration on me after they made a typo on a
VIN which wasn't caught for two months.
 One could write volumes on similar issues. It would make humorous reading.

Russ