fot

Re: [Fot] SPITFIRE IN MONTEREY HISTORICS

To: "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@cox.net>, "'Russ Moore'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] SPITFIRE IN MONTEREY HISTORICS
From: "Robert MacKenzie" <list@mackenzie.aero>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:17:57 -0500
I know what you mean; my '79' Spitfire is really a "78" (vertical radiator).
I understand BL dealers often titled cars in the year they were sold and
believe this is one of them.
I was at the local tax office this week, getting antique plates issued (no
annual inspection!) and asked to have it corrected. The commission number is
also incorrect on the title. The answer from the very nice lady was that it
was going to cost me $60+ to change a typo. Never mind.

As for the Monterey List; How can you "backdate" a car two years earlier
into a model year that did not exist?

Robert