fot

Re: [Fot] crank scraper

To: <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>,<19to1tr6@comcast.net>,<fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] crank scraper
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 22:23:49 -0700
                if you think about it you don't really change the oil level,
only the
volume.  A little extra oil doesn't hurt and might help.  The relation of the
dip stick to the oil pump, crank block doesn't change when you lower the pan.
I use a cast aluminum pan, spin on filter adapter, scraper and oil cooler and
I take about 7 qts. oil.  I haven't changed any markings on the dipstick.  The
added oil will help cooling the motor and probably help with oil surge
problems
Off to Mission BC for the VRCBC Historic races.
http://www.vrcbc.ca/
Charly Mitchel TR6 #44