fot

Re: [Fot] crank scraper

To: Norlin Engineering <norlinengineering@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] crank scraper
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 11:19:31 -0700
40 PSI should be fine for short periods, especially if the car is
nowhere close to redline. 10 pounds per thousand RPM used to be the
standard, but better oils have made that less important. It's the ZERO
oil pressure you get with no accumulator that zaps you. I also like to
run the accumulator right into the oil gallery, where the accumulator
pressure is probably the same as full RPM oil pump pressure after all
the drops.