fot

Re: [Fot] Jack Drews Died This Afternoon at Grattan

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Jack Drews Died This Afternoon at Grattan
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 22:26:21 +0100
How terribly and tragically sad.

Speaking from the far side of *the pond* I have to admit all ignorance of
having met or known Jack
Drews. That said, it was clear to me a very long time ago when I was first
allowed to be a FOTer,
that Jack was a very special person to so many. To become special to anyone
requires many aspects of
good character and its obvious from the tributes I've read this far, that Jack
had those qualities
in abundance.

My greatest sadness is that he and I have been like two vessels passing
unacknowledged in the night.
Jack so clearly a large ship of great renown - and me, just a tiny little raft
bobbing on the water.
I had so looked forward to meeting him somewhere 'along the road' I'll travel
next year in the
Triumph Charity Drive, but this will never be.

My deepest condolences to Jack's family, his many close friends - both on the
track and off,
together with all those whose lives he touched. I know he will be deeply missed
by all but surely we
should also rejoice in knowing that his passing came about simply doing
something he loved - and
that in doing it, he could revel in true happiness.

Jonmac