fot

[Fot] My favorite memory of Jack...

To: tony@tonydrews.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] My favorite memory of Jack...
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 20:54:57 EDT
--===============1395185799==

--part1_c3b.40aee3c2.35dcc561_boundary

My engine was down on power after two seasons on those rings and I discovered
this in my lap times at the Chicago Historics.

For the feature Jack said, "what the heck, let's put on a show".  We passed
and re-passed about three times a lap,  and each time at Turn Five. The
spectators on the bleachers started standing and cheering, we heard later.

On the last lap, at the last turn, I was ahead and did not want to be first
at the chequered flag. I waved him up, but he did not respond. So I came off of
the gas and then onto the brakes.      So did Jack.

Tony was watching. and said,  "that was first time he ever saw two cars cross
the finish line with their noses in the 'down' attitude and brakes lights on".

(I am sure it was a point of discussion in the tower, too)   </HTML>

--part1_c3b.40aee3c2.35dcc561_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>#3
<BR>
<BR>My engine was down on power after two seasons on those rings and I disco=
vered this in my lap times at the Chicago Historics.
<BR>
<BR>For the feature Jack said, "what the heck, let's put on a show". &nbsp;W=
e passed and re-passed about three times a lap, &nbsp;and each time at Turn=20=
Five. The spectators on the bleachers started standing and cheering, we hear=
d later.
<BR>
<BR>On the last lap, at the last turn, I was ahead and did not want to be fi=
rst at the chequered flag. I waved him up, but he did not respond. So I came=
 off of the gas and then onto the brakes. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;So d=
id Jack.
<BR>
<BR>Tony was watching. and said, &nbsp;"that was first time he ever saw two=20=
cars cross the finish line with their noses in the 'down' attitude and brake=
s lights on".
<BR>
<BR><P ALIGN=3DCENTER>(I am sure it was a point of discussion in the tower,=20=
too)</P></FONT>   </HTML>