fot

[Fot] More brake dust on left front

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] More brake dust on left front
From: Steven Belfer <colordog.1@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:16:52 -0700
So I'm installing Uncle Jack's uprated spindles on my TR3 and, of
course the old ones won't come out.  Next thing you know, I'm taking
apart the lower a-arms, spring pan, etc to get the uprights out.  Took
one side to the machine shop, he put it in the press, gave it a couple
of pumps and nothing moved, he walked away and POP!  Anyway, I noticed
that the Driver's side front is much more covered in brake dust.  It
was very sooty and gross.  The Right side, not so much, it didn't take
much wiping down.

So, because the road courses are clockwise and there are more right
turns, If I'm completing my braking going into the RT turn, does that
load up the Left front brake more Hence the deposits of brake dust?

By the way, Uncle Jack's spindle setup AND aluminum front hubs are
nothing short of amazing.  One more question, do you have to double-
nut the outer end of the spindle to tighten in the big nyloc nut on
the inner end of the front upright?

~Steve