fot

[Fot] Jack W. Drews, RIP

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Jack W. Drews, RIP
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:26:47 EDT
--===============0937317844==

--part1_d1d.3093d77b.35e026a7_boundary

Amici...

Just got back from two days in Geneseo, Illinois for Uncle Jack's wake and
funeral.  Garrison Kiellor (sp?) talks about an idyllic little country town
called Lake Woebegone, where life is good, there are few troubles and all the
women are strong, the men are good looking, and the children are all above
average.  It is supposed to be in Minnesota, but I am convinced it is Geneseo
in
western Illinois.  Sure seems that way to me.  And all the women are strong,
but
Frances Drews is the strongest.

Of course it was sad, but it was also beautiful.  The turnout from the racing
community in general and the FOT in particular was outstanding, causing the
pastor to comment at the service, "I'm not used to this kind of turn out for a
middle of the week funeral."

Lest I miss someone, I'll not try to list everyone, but suffice to say at the
wake there was a greeting line that wound through the building and out to the
street from 4 PM until 6:30 PM.  FOTers and other racing friends met after
the wake at a local restaurant called, The Cellar for dinner and liquid
refreshments.  I suspect we helped set a Wednesday Night Record for The Cellar,
and
I'll bet Jack was there too.

I'll let other embellish the rest of the tale....

Bill Dentinger

**************
It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your
travel deal here.

--part1_d1d.3093d77b.35e026a7_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT  COLOR=3D"#400040" SIZE=3D3 P=
TSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Baskerville Old Face" LANG=3D"0">Amici..=
.<BR>
<BR>
Just got back from two days in Geneseo, Illinois for Uncle Jack's wake and f=
uneral.&nbsp; Garrison Kiellor (sp?) talks about an idyllic little country t=
own&nbsp; called Lake Woebegone, where life is good, there are few troubles=20=
and all the women are strong, the men are good looking, and the children are=
 all above average.&nbsp; It is supposed to be in Minnesota, but I am convin=
ced it is Geneseo in western Illinois.&nbsp; Sure seems that way to me.&nbsp=
; And all the women are strong, but Frances Drews is the strongest.<BR>
<BR>
Of course it was sad, but it was also beautiful.&nbsp; The turnout from the=20=
racing community in general and the FOT in particular was outstanding, causi=
ng the pastor to comment at the service, "I'm not used to this kind of turn=20=
out for a middle of the week funeral."&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Lest I miss someone, I'll not try to list everyone, but suffice to say at th=
e wake there was a greeting line that wound through the building and out to=20=
the street from 4 PM until 6:30 PM.&nbsp; FOTers and other racing friends me=
t after the wake at a local restaurant called, The Cellar for dinner and liq=
uid refreshments.&nbsp; I suspect we helped set a Wednesday Night Record for=
 The Cellar, and I'll bet Jack was there too.<BR>
<BR>
I'll let other embellish the rest of the tale....<BR>
<BR>
Bill Dentinger<BR>
&nbsp; </FONT><BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>It's only a deal if it's where y=
ou want to go. Find your travel deal here.<BR>      (http://information.trav=
el.aol.com/deals?ncid=3Daoltrv00050000000047)</HTML>