fot

Re: [Fot] Why is the TR250K so fast?

To: "Shane Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Why is the TR250K so fast?
From: "Chuck Arnold" <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 08:53:31 -0700
--===============1902976118==

------=_Part_28001_11006627.1221062011208

I got to examine this car in Seattle at a track day once.  Saw it on the
track first and did not know what it was.  Saw it in the pits and took a
look.  Was blown away when I saw it was a TR6 engine.  What really was
impressive is that, as I recall, it has a belly pan giving it good airflow
underneath.

Now that Tony Garmey has won the Kastner Cup, I hope he will join in some of
our FOT discussions.  He is a member of FOT is he not?  If not that is a
nomination needing to be made -- and Bill Hart also.  He owns that car and I
think he drove a Tr powered Lister in the event.

--
Chuck Arnold

------=_Part_28001_11006627.1221062011208

Saw it on the track first and did not know what it was.&nbsp; Saw it in the
pits and took a look.&nbsp; Was blown away when I saw it was a TR6
engine.&nbsp; What really was impressive is that, as I recall, it has a belly
pan giving it good airflow underneath.<br>
of our FOT discussions.&nbsp; He is a member of FOT is he not?&nbsp; If not
that is a nomination needing to be made -- and Bill Hart also.&nbsp; He owns
that car and I think he drove a Tr powered Lister in the event.&nbsp; <br>
 class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin:
0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">

presentation of the cup, he said he has not<span style="font-family:
monospace;"><br></span>&gt; seen the car go as fast since he ran it at Sebring
in &#39;68. He then<span style="font-family: monospace;"><br>
chances!<br><br>Having read all&#39;y&#39;all fun stories about the Glen, the
6-cylindered TR250K<br>
and Sam Halkias&#39; car were phenomenally fast, even faster than<br>Bill
Warner&#39;s and Tom Kreger&#39;s cars (which are phenomenal in their own
were of <br>
god-like ability, and so any differences come down to the cars.<br><br>From
top-secret spy photos, I think I understand why Sam&#39;s car is so fast.<br>I
suspect that Sam&#39;s motor is producing way more HP than anyone else,<br>
and I think I have heard that Sam is running a TVR rear tube sub-frame<br>as
does Dave Wingett.<br><br>I don&#39;t have as much access to spy photo&#39;s of
Kas&#39;s car, but what I have seen<br>does not explain the success of this
car.&nbsp; Yes, I understand that the aerodynamics<br>
of the plastic body and weight is a significant advantage over the
steel/plastic of <br>the racing TR6s.&nbsp; I assume that the TR250K shares the
same wheelbase and track<br>as its production cousin.&nbsp; I am also assuming
the TR250K is tube-framed, and thus <br>
more rigid. I am presuming that the engine is the same as Kas ran in the
Kastner-Brophy <br>TR250/6, so is not offering a HP advantage.&nbsp; Photos
show that the front suspension of <br>the TR250K is &quot;stock&quot; TR,
except that I cannot find any bracing at the top of<br>
the coil tower.&nbsp; I have no idea what sort of voodoo is going on at the
rear end,<br>but I suspect that it has unequal-length A-arms.&nbsp; Anything
I&#39;d say the reasons why the TR250K is so fast is due to:<br>
1) Lightweight aerodynamic body, rigid tube frame;<br>2) Some unseen voodoo of
the &quot;stock&quot; front suspension;<br>3) Rear suspension voodoo, including
rear disk brakes.<br><br>Of course, what I really need is more spy photos so
that I can attempt<br>
to copy some of the more esoteric top secret engineering.<br><br>Shane
secrets" from Jamie. <a
href="http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns%21550F681DAD532637%215295.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_domore_092008";
 target="_blank">Learn Now</a></div>

target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>