fot

Re: [Fot] correct link

To: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] correct link
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 14:49:40 -0700 (PDT)
>From what I understand of the weeks prior to the race numerous drivers tried
the Mickey Thompson car and turned it down saying it was not sorted out and
was ill handling. You have to consider Dave to be a real driver for not
wanting to miss his chance to start in a 500 even in a car that was not
completely sorted out. Back then the driver tried to make up for the problems
of the car. Nothing against today's drivers, but I think the drivers back then
were more "rounded" and skilled. It was not uncommon for a man to drive Champ
cars, Stock cars, dirt, pavement, and mutiple Formula's. Look at A.J., J.R.,
Mario, P.J. and others.
JMO  -Ed-