fot

Re: [Fot] Memories

To: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Memories
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 16:21:08 -0700 (PDT)
Kas: You are correct, Salt Walther did live through the crash; his car is the
number 77 in your last picture with the drivers legs hanging out. He did try
the 500 again numerous times, but never did well. I was thinking of the
"other" crash in the '73 500...Swede Savage's. He crashed after the race was
restarted, hitting the wall in I believe turn four and the entrance to the
pits There was little left of the car, and as I thought with Walther, I think
he remained in a coma for a month. I think they call that the "Black 500"
-Ed-