fot

Re: [Fot] State of F1

To: koblinger@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] State of F1
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:42:05 -0700
I thought it was pretty good. Might have been the pre-race and during-
race champagne though. I'm a big Kimi fan, and I loved his post-race
interview. He was snickering at the questions about team orders while
Massa tried to dance his way through. Kimi said "I understand what the
team expects of me". Perfect answer.

Can that Kubica drive, or what!?!

Hamilton threatens to Schumacherize F1--dominate so totally that the
races suck. Kubica and Vettel are the likely antidotes.

On Oct 20, 2008, at 10:35 AM, koblinger@verizon.net wrote:

> As expected, the proposal is going over like a lead balloon.
>
> http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/081020092005.shtml
>
> My thought is it is at best a bargaining chip.
>
> Is it just me or was the China GP just about the most boring race
> you'd ever seen?
>
> Kurt O.
>

> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at  9:57 AM, Joe Curry wrote:
>
>> Does anyone besides me think that the things currently being
>> proposed in an
>> effort to cut costs will render F1 the same as any other spec
>> class? It
>> sure looks like they are out to make all the cars the same.
>>

>> I like to watch F1 because it is essentially the pinnacle of
>> technology.  If
>> all teams are using the same engine, suspension and other arts, how
>> can it
>> possibly continue to be that way.
>>

>> Joe C.

Bill Babcock