fot

Re: [Fot] NASCAR

To: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] NASCAR
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:07:09 -0700
I attended Daytona as a guest of Hollywood video, the year they
sponsored a car (Ricky Bobby, or Jimmy Dale Bubba, or someone like
that). I went to the real parties, was so deep into the pits I got in
the way during a tire change. It was kind of interesting.  My best
friend, the late Barney Li, dragged me to a couple of races when Eagle
One (the company he founded) was Mark Martin's sponsor. We watched
from up in the skyboxes, ate shrimp and stuff. Kind of fun.

I accidentally went to a vintage race at PIR by myself, on my
motorcycle. Didn't know a soul there. Just wandered the pits, looked
at the cars, watched the races. Changed my life.