fot

Re: [Fot] HANS Device

To: <dos_gusanos@msn.com>, "William G Rosenbach" <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] HANS Device
From: "RACER BUD" <budscars@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:04:36 -0800
looks like we're back to that 'Gray' area again...I guess it's all about
respecting the other driver..not taking chances that are truly 'chances',
etc...but then it can get kind of boring...It's very difficult to find a
venue where vintage cars can really be driven to the limit....I've had
experiences where I had to stay behind a slow car for waaay too long,
because I could tell that the guy did not have a clue that I was there...I
began a pass a couple of times, and he was ready to turn right into me..I
backed off and resigned  myself to the fact....The GOOD NEWS is...CSRG
banned him PERMANENTLY..he had been a problem for quite some time...He
wasn't Wild...just horribly inatentive....CSRG banned another guy 3 years
ago..he was not wild either...he would do things like..point to the left...I
passed him on the left, he ran me completely off the track...Why?..he was
pointing to where he was going to go..no joke..A nice guy,,but his racing
days had reached their limit...i'm pleased to say that CSRG will Not let
just anyone race...We realize that slow can be as/more dangerous than wild
Racer Bud