fot

Re: [Fot] GT6 Rear Spring

To: "'Paul King'" <paulking@charter.net>, "'Friends of Triumph'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] GT6 Rear Spring
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:26:52 -0700
First off, I am wondering why you are running a Spit Swing Spring.  That
product inherently makes the suspension softer and induces a lot of body
roll.

What I did to increase the spring rate in my former autocross car (that had
Rotoflex rear suspension) was to add a leaf to the stack.  The leaf was much
stiffer than any of the ones that were previously there and added the
required stiffness.  I had to remove one of the shorter leaves in order to
maintain the original thickness of the stack.

Now, that will not work with a Swing-spring setup because of the bend in all
but the main leaf.  So this is another reason to lose that swing-spring
setup.

Joe C.

P.S. There is a Herald Spring that I believe was made for an estate wagon
that is much stiffer than the normal spring that is also a possibility.  But
again it is not "Swing-Spring"