fot

Re: [Fot] 5 speed conversion

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] 5 speed conversion
From: "David W. Riddle" <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 09:42:54 -0700
One of our Club Members (and member of FOT), Bill Close, makes a 5
sped conversion kit too that is far less costly then the HDVA
version.  Bill's email address is Bill Close <b_close@hotmail.com>.

Here is a comment one our our members posted about it.

--------------------
I took my TR6 to Bill Close today and he dropped in the Toyota 5
speed I picked up at Alma Imports ($200) using the conversion kit he
developed ($450 for TR6, $400 for TR3 and TR4 I think). Everything
went smoothly, except when I got in Bill's way. Talk to Bill if you'd
like him to install it for you like I did his price is very
reasonable. I took it out on the freeway on the way home and I'm now
about 2,600 RPM at 65mph and 3,000 at 75 mph, if the speedo is right
which I'll have to check as I was passing everyone.

If you are thinking about converting to a 5 speed you really should
contact Bill. It's a great kit!

Count me as one very satisfied customer.