fot

Re: [Fot] TR Drive Shaft

To: gkbyrne@optushome.com.au, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR Drive Shaft
From: VANDECARR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 12:55:48 EST
An aluminum driveshaft is a good idea but I don't think it's a good idea to
have it fixed length.   If you have solid engine and diff mounts and no flexing
of the frame it would work if your alignment is perfect.   Otherwise you are
putting lots of stress on the driveshaft and the possible binding will negate
any performance increases.   They situation might be different if you used CV
joints not U joints.   I had Inland driveshafts (www.iedls.com/driveshafts
.html)  make an aluminum driveshaft for my TR6 V8 conversion.   They did a
great
job and the price was reasonable.   It's a fixed length driveshaft but the T5
trans uses a splined yoke.

Dean VanDeCarr

Need a job? Find employment help in your area.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&
ncid=emlcntusyelp00000005)