fot

Re: [Fot] Ignitionl issues

To: "Greg & Alison Blake" <ablake2@austin.rr.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Ignitionl issues
From: "WILLIAM TOBIN" <william.tobin3@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 00:32:45 -0400
  Sounds like the coil is energized  whenever the switch is closed, even
when the ignition is not on. Why not wire it through an ignition switch? If
you race it, why not wire it through a low oil pressure cut out switch? May
save the engine in case of oil failure.  Also, do you use a resistor in line
with the coil? You may be running too much current through the coil.
  An old rule of thumb that I heard: whatever the ground is, say neg, that's
the post of the coil that goes to the dist.
  Lot of good coils out there, Bosch, MSD, etc.
  The timing light thing is strange. Try powering it right off the battery;
use long jumper wires if necessary. Sounds like you may have a wiring
gremlin. Ground problem?
  Good luck, Bill ----- Original Message -----