fot

Re: [Fot] Trick for installing Spitfire cam bearings?

To: "'Joe Guinan'" <joeg@neb.rr.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Trick for installing Spitfire cam bearings?
From: "Norlin Engineering" <norlinengineering@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:32:00 -0700
Joe

I agree with using the proper tool for the job.  I would not run without the
bearings.  As far as cam choice goes, I'd think that the A7 would be good
for autocross.  I've not run one, but I have used the A6 and am currently
using the A8.  Neither the A6 or A8 are much good below 4500 rpm.  The A6
taps out around 6500 while the A8 will go quite a bit higher.  The A6 cam is
streetable, but just barely.

Jim Norlin