fot

Re: [Fot] FIA blinks first

To: "'Terry Stetler'" <tlizzard@msn.com>, "'fot'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] FIA blinks first
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:36:55 -0700
Terry,
There is no budget cap.  The agreement is that the teams have 2 years to get
their spending down to the levels that were in effect in the early 1990's.
That said, It is not clear if the figures will be adjusted for inflation or
the actual Dollars that were spent.  If it is actual dollars, the spending
will definitely be severely restricted.

The win for the teams is that they have a set of rules that applies to all
teams and is for the most part stationary.  So they will not have to scrap
the current car and start all over for the next season's rule set.  This
will allow them to fix the deficiencies of the previous year rather than
start with a clean sheet of paper.  That in itself will save a lot of
development time and money.

True, they didn't get everything they wanted but that is the way
negotiations go.  You strive for a Win-Win situation and each party has to
drop some of its demands in order to reach consensus.

I for one am pleased that the sanctity (if not the sanity) of F1 remains in
place.

Cheers,
Joe C.