fot

Re: [Fot] How not to pass

To: Rob <19to1tr6@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] How not to pass
From: Michael Porter <mdporter@dfn.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 14:39:04 -0600
Rob wrote:
>   She Elizabeth Miller is one of the better surf drivers in the DC region

Ah, any bets then that she'd tried that move before and gotten away with it?

I worked for a roundy-rounder driver in Florida who got his first win as
a rookie when two cars kissed in front of him at the finish, and as they
rebounded off each other and scrubbed off speed (as he admitted to me
later), he just closed his eyes and shot the gap between them.

The next time it happened, the next season, he was a little cocky, and
ran up the back of one of the cars in front of him at the finish, which
caused his car to do a triple pirouette on its nose across the finish
line (the tail of the car clipped off a flag on the flagman's tower that
extended out over the edge of the track), and went end over end five
times off of turn one.

Roundy-rounding in Florida is not so much racin' as it is egos on wheels. :)

Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....