fot

[Fot] camshaft breakage

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] camshaft breakage
From: "MORDY DUNST" <gasket.works@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 17:07:19 -0700
Some years ago? 1995 when I visited with the UK/Terry Hurrell.  . I traded
some copper gaskets for "new and unground" cam.  Can't remember where he
said the new cams came from.    I had it ground --the cam pretty much melted
in the first five minutes of use.  The lobes and the distributor gear went
away.  ....    didn't break though.

My wifes 911 porsche had one cam break in half downshifting at Watkins Glen.
Her loving dad rebuilt the engine for  her albeit with askance looks while
cursing under his breath the entire time. She still keeps the remnant of
that camshaft on the shelf.

Mordy