fot

Re: [Fot] Hot Wheels...WHY?

To: budscars@comcast.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Hot Wheels...WHY?
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 09:52:08 EDT
In a message dated 10/03/2009 3:10:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
budscars@comcast.net writes:

> <<< just got mine in the mail(Ebay)...got 2 silver and 1 green..really
> cool little
> dudes! >>>

Like a Lemming, I've have followed the rushing crowd to Walmart and
purchased two Hot Wheels TRIUMPH TR6 models.  They are both the #17 silver race
car
model.  Now if I can only find my collection of Avon After Shave (in the
green glass TR3 bottles), I can keep them all together.  I hope Shirley hasn't
tossed them out.

Why would a seventy year old man make a special trip to Walmart to buy Hot
Wheels?  Total cost...$2.04.  And they're not a gift for my grandchildren.
They're for myself no less.  It's because what happened at ROAD AMERICA last
week end is more frosting on our cake.  Kas, Tullius, and a host of others
laid the foundation a half century ago.  By shade tree backyard efforts,
that winning tradition was continued in club racing for decades.  Long after
TRIUMPH ceased production the winning continues.  People like Prentice,
Wheeler, and now Halkias continued the winning tradition.    Based on the
incredible number of wins, and in particular its club racing record...clearly,
TRIUMPH, that sports car for the common man...that sports car of the great
unwashed, is one of the greatest marques ever.

You bet!  I've got mine too.

Bill (Damdinger)