fot

Re: [Fot] Vitesse Sports 6 transmission

To: fot@autox.team.net, Herald948@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Vitesse Sports 6 transmission
From: "Alan ..." <alan@nosbritishparts.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 19:09:49 -0700 (PDT)
I checked my factory parts manuals and the constant pinion shaft and gear
cluster part #'s are the same for the 2 litre Vitesse and early GT6. I think
the 1.6 litre car would be a wider ratio and non-syncro 1st.

FWIW,the
GT6/TR7 gearbox is a closer ratio than the Midget 1500 which is closer ratio
than the Spitfire. I think this is correct though I have not built any of
these in about 15 years.

Anyway,it is something to double-check.

Alan T

have a surplus Sports 6 / Vitesse  transmission
> I would
> > like to sell.
These are special
> transmissions as they
> > have the ratios in them from
the factory that
> make them
> > "close ratio".  It is from a 54K original

mile  car.  I can send pictures
> > of the internals to interested  parties.
>
> ==AM==
>
> FYI for anyone who might be interested:
>
> "normal" early
Spitfire ratios:  1.0 , 1.4 , 2.16 ,