fot

Re: [Fot] Cold Air systems

To: Fot@autox.team.net, Mark Vanlake <oldspeed72@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Cold Air systems
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:19:56 -0700 (PDT)
Mark: I was told by CVAR that we could not space the backside of the
hood/bonnet up, nor louver the bonnet without being moved to the sport racer
group. On Randy William's TR3 I louvered the inner fender panels, not for
fresh air but to move the air out and avoid a high pressure under the hood
which could cause overheating. What my son is currently working on for his
triple Weber 240Z is a cold air box. We got a fiberglass one from TWM
Induction, and you must drill it to suit your carb set-up. I'd bet that the
spacing is the same between the Z motor and the TR6. Also check with Richard
Good to see about buying an undrilled aluminum one from his triple Stromberg
set-up and drill to suit. Run the air hose to in front of the radiator and add
the filter of your choice.
-Ed Barnard-