fot

Re: [Fot] Well I went Autocrossing (need help with tires)

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Well I went Autocrossing (need help with tires)
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 23:34:17 -0700
>  The Prepared and Mod classes allow for a cantilever slick.

The guys at the tire shop were happy when I switched from cantilever slicks
on 6 inch rims to normal sidewall slicks on 8 inch rims.  Of course the
extra
wheel width was all outboard so the car was a bit wider and for a while I
was nipping cones by just a hair.

I'd like to get back to some sort of racing.  Moving all this junk around
cleaning up the shop has got me thinking more and more about getting back
at it.  Are you sure none of you need a Unix/Linux sys admin, email expert,
personal chef, Brit car mechanic or some such?  Racing can be tough when
you have no income!

mjb.

fot@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html