fot

Re: [Fot] spitfire head torque and valve adjustment

To: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] spitfire head torque and valve adjustment
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 11:06:53 -0600
Bobby Whitehead wrote:
> We'll we're are a three Triumph car family, two race cars now. The GT6 and now
> a 1965 Spitfire we bought from Mac out in L.A.

Nice.

> and I need the valve adjustment sequence as I do not have a shop manual yet.

Normally the way I do valves is turn the crank until the intake and
exhaust for
some cylinder are 'on the rock' where the exhaust is just about closed
and the
intake just starting to open.  Then I adjust the valves for that
cylinder's mate.
On the Spits that would be cylinders 1 & 4 and 2 & 3.  If you follow the
firing order it goes fairly quickly.

mjb.

fot@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html