fot

[Fot] Thunderhill Double National Race Report

To: "'FoT Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Thunderhill Double National Race Report
From: "Norlin Engineering" <norlinengineering@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 20:50:19 -0700
My first (and second) races at Thunderhill were a wonderful experience.  I
was the only Triumph at the event, but ran into several old Triumph racers
and some new ones as well - nomination to follow.

There were 6 entries in H Production and I was the slowest.  However, by the
end of the weekend I was within 7 seconds of the HP lap record and had a
very good race long battle with a Fiat X19 and a Toyota Yaris.  Finished 5th
on Saturday and 4th on Sunday.  Not bad considering first time driving the
track with a vintage car on DOT tires.

The track is so different from my home track at Portland.  I couldn't belive
the amount of time I spent at full throttle in fourth gear in turns.  And
then there were the blind corners.  Those just take seat time to get the
confidence level built up.  Virtually no time to relax.  The facilities are
great with lots of paddock space, hot showers, an on-site mini mart and self
serve race fuel at racer friendly prices.

Had a great time, met some good folks, learned a lot and have already
ordered a few bits to improve the brakes on the Spit.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Jim Norlin

fot@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive