fot

[Fot] Fw: Paging Tom Krieger re: rear springs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Fw: Paging Tom Krieger re: rear springs
From: Mike Munson <fasttrs@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 19:02:18 -0700 (PDT)
----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Mike Munson <fasttrs@yahoo.com>
To: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>; MadMarx <tr4racing@googlemail.com>; Bill
Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Cc: Chuck@autox.team.net; Friends <fot@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tue, March 23, 2010 6:21:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Fot] Paging Tom Krieger re: rear springs

I just did some rough measurements on a trailing arm. Pivot point to tire patch
is 22 inches. Pivot point to center of spring perch is 11 inches. Now I am no
math genius but that would tell me that effective spring rate is half of the
spring rating you are using.
BTW Kas, Sam is the only TR6 that I know of that has utilized the SCCA rules to
improve the rear suspension. I am still suffering with the (to quote Bill)
Monkey Motion stock suspension.
Mike

fot@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html