fot

[Fot] HITEST14088 ALTERNATOR FOR tr6

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] HITEST14088 ALTERNATOR FOR tr6
From: Robert Blake <rblake36@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 19:25:20 -0700 (PDT)
FOT

I installed a HITEST14088 alternator in place of my original alternator about
5 months ago and it seemed to function although the lead placement was not the
same as the original setup.   Lately it seems to be spotty and I would like to
check the output to determine if I have wiring issues or a grumpy
alternator.   I have individually cheched readings between the negative
terminal of the battery and the three connectors on the alternator and gotten
readings between 0.20 and 0.50 volts. These readings seem odd but being
electrically challanged I don't trust my technique.  Would appreciate
suggestions and or internet references.

Bob Blake
Dripping Springs, TX

fot@autox.team.net