fot

Re: [Fot] HITEST14088 ALTERNATOR FOR tr6

To: "'Robert Blake'" <rblake36@yahoo.com>, "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] HITEST14088 ALTERNATOR FOR tr6
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:43:53 -0500
With the engine off the battery voltage should be about 13 volts, ideally
13.2 volts (2.2 volts per cell time 6 cells in the battery).  With the
engine running and the alternator working the voltage at the battery should
be about 14.0 to 14.5 volts.  Not sure what your 3 wires are going to but
the largest should be carrying the current from the alternator to the
battery and this terminal should be the 14.0 to 14.5 when running, same and
the battery terminal to which it is connected.

Tim