fot

Re: [Fot] Jack stands???what about the engine stands???

To: fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Jack stands???what about the engine stands???
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 22:07:07 -0600
Steven Belfer wrote:
> I'm glad you got out of the way!  It would not be good to try to get a
> hand or foot under it as it fell.

Really.  One can certainly get hurt.  An old Logan 400 Hobbyist lathe
probably
weighs less than an engine block, but I can still imagine that if one
were to have
some sort of incident while loading it into the back of a Honda CRV
there might
be some discoloration and bruising that takes almost a week to heal,
perhaps a few
nearly healed over scratches in the skin by now.

One needs to be cautious when single-handedly trying to do the work of
three men:
Larry, Moe and Curly.

mjb.
fot@autox.team.net