fot

Re: [Fot] Jack stands???what about the engine stands???

To: Tim Murphy <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Jack stands???what about the engine stands???
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 14:25:51 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 9 Apr 2010, Tim Murphy wrote:

> What broke on the engine stand, the bolts holding the engine or the frame of
> the stand itself?  I've had the same concerns.  I use good (hopefully!) Gr.
> 8 bolts to hold the engine to the stand.

I didn't read the initial post as "the engine stand broke". I read it was
"I was rolling an object with 400 pounds stationed such that the roll
center was 24 inches off the ground when the wheels hit some dust on the
floor and the stand tipped over".

Experience teaches us to be wary of heavy objects with a high center of
gravity.

> Tim

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
2010 NER Solo Chair                            |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive