fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 Aluminum Heads

To: pvucinic@netspace.net.au, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 Aluminum Heads
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:35:47 EDT
In a message dated 04/20/2010 2:34:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
pvucinic@netspace.net.au writes:

> Just wondering if any of you are using Aluminum Cylinder Heads for the
> TR6
> engine? And what you think of them?

I don't have any experience with the Aluminum Head for the TR6, but one of
my TR3/4 engines has one.  Initially we had a lot of trouble getting it to
seat.  It would seal for two or three racing sessions and then begin to leak.
 It was frustrating and we put it on the shelf for a few years, and then we
finally were successful using one of Mordy's copper gaskets and some new
(at the time) gasket sealer (by Honda, I think).  Obviously there is a weight,
and perhaps a cooling advantage, but past that I don't see any big deal
over the standard heads on our other engines.

Sure looks neat.  Gets a lot of comments.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html