fot

Re: [Fot] A-Type Overdrive Slipping and Coil Bind

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] A-Type Overdrive Slipping and Coil Bind
From: "Ed Woods" <fogbro1@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 20:03:33 -0400
List,

Some of the brand new spring sets are furnished with springs of equal
length. I recall installing one set successfully but was very concerned
about coil bind, having measured the collasped length of the inner (red)
spring and made an educated guess of the available space within the
overdrive. ISTR that there was 1/16" of an inch to spare. Since then, I've
been buying sets from TRF than have some differential between the short and
long springs, although not quite the 1/4" the manuals spec.

Ed Woods
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html