fot

Re: [Fot] A-Type Overdrive Slipping and Coil Bind

To: M&M Hado <mdhado@comcast.net>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] A-Type Overdrive Slipping and Coil Bind
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 10:42:09 -0500
Mike,
Randall made a good point about the springs.  I measured several of
these for my articles at vtr.org.  The length difference was much less
than 1/8 inch.  The most important difference is the wire gauge.  The
long springs have a larger wire gauge which causes the coil bind
differences you've observed.

The pressure spec on the A-types is 360 psi for the early ones with
large accumulators and 450 for the later ones.  I've seen pressures of
650 recommended for racing, but I think that is overkill.
Larry